United Spinal’s Network
The Spinal Network is maintained through a partnership between United Spinal Association, and generous support from Hollister, Inc.––a world leader in urological products. United Spinal Association and its Spinal Network affiliates work together to bring the very best resources and peer support to people living with spinal cord injuries and disorders (SCI/D).
- Reward or promote independence in the community
- Meet at regular intervals and in fully-accessible venues
- Make significant effort to encourage active participation by people newly affected by SCI/D
- Supplement or enrich independent living skills and/or psychosocial adjustment to SCI/D
- Have measurable results
- Demonstrate creativity and innovativeness
A grant selection committee will be formed consisting of equal numbers of appointees designated by the executive leaderships of United Spinal Association and The Buoniconti Fund. The Selection Committee will meet bi-annually (December & June) in person or via teleconference to evaluate grant applications based upon a standardized rubric and make award decisions. Each representative will have an equal vote. In the event of a tie, the deciding vote will be cast by the chief executive officer of United Spinal Association, who shall also chair the Selection Committee.