Through it membership division NSCIA, United Spinal Association provides members guidance and resources on a variety of topics they are passionate about, such as employment; affordable housing; transportation; health care; home- and community-based independent living; education; peer support; wheelchairs and technology; and leisure and recreation.
Individual membership is free and open to anyone with an interest in the spinal cord injuries/disorders (SCI/D) community. NSCIA members are people living with SCI/D, their partners, parents, siblings and friends. They are medical and nonmedical professionals, caregivers, product and service providers, public policy makers and others who are interested in the issues affecting people with SCI/D.
Member benefits include:
- Connections to more than 60 chapters & peer support groups nationwide
- Priority support from SCI/D experts through our resource center
- Support in claims for VA benefits & services for members who are military veterans
- Bi-monthly member publication featuring information on living actively with SCI/D
- Special member pricing on New Mobility–a magazine for active wheelchair users
- Monthly e-newsletter
- Alerts on key disability-related legislative issues
- Special pricing on a wide-range of products & services
- Accessible travel deals
- Member discounts on the purchase of wheelchairs & other mobility equipment
- Much more!