Maine Adaptive Sports & Recreation promotes year-round education and training for individuals with disabilities in order to develop skills, enhance independence, and provide enjoyment through active recreation.
- We are committed to providing individuals with disabilities the opportunity to overcome perceived limitations and boundaries.
- We believe that participation in outdoor recreation will foster a sense of pride, confidence and self esteem that will carry over into our athletes’ everyday lives.
- We support and encourage reasonable risk taking that will empower our athletes to challenge themselves and exceed expectations.
- Our staff and volunteers are committed to providing professional instruction in a comfortable and supportive atmosphere to create a caring community and a fun experience for all participants (athletes, volunteers and staff).
- Every Maine Adaptive program will offer recreational education of the highest quality, free of charge to our athletes.
Maine Adaptive is all about recreation! We believe that recreation is a very important part of every day life. That’s why we offer free winter and summer adaptive sports lessons to hundreds of children and adults with disabilities every year.
At Maine Adaptive, people aren’t defined by their disabilities. Our volunteers and staff work hard to help you be the best you can be, no matter what your disability.
Winter Programs</stron g>
Alpine Race Team
Veterans No Boundaries